Production Voices - Production Grand 2 Platinum (KONTAKT) - Production Grand 2 is an exceptionally high-quality piano sample library for NI Kontakt 5.6 and above, consisting of eight microphone perspectives and over 120,000 samples of a Yamaha C7 grand piano recorded in a world-class recording studio.
Production Grand 2 is ideal for Studio Production, Stage Production, Film Score Production, Performance and more!
Production Grand Features: 24 Bit 96k source samples 12 velocities pedal up samples 12 velocities pedal down samples 12 velocities release samples 8 microphone perspectives Authentic Pedalling: adds realistic pedal control. Continuous Pedal controls (can half-pedal etc.) Catch-pedaling, Soft and Sostenuto pedaling Authentic hammer mechanism noises (labeled: Pre-Attack) Custom Reverb impulse responses (IRs) Sympathetic Resonance with on/off and volume controls Extensive Mixer Page with invert pan, mono left right and sum choices, output selection and more EQ, compression, reverb send for each microphone perspective User controllable recording noise for added studio realism Recorded with world-Class microphones: Coles, AKG 414, Classic U87s, B&K, Crown etc. Boutique A/D converters used: Burl Mothership Studio grade microphone preamps used: API and Neve 1073
Microphone Perspectives: 1. Player’s Perspective: Player’s perspective that is near binaural. When you put on your headphones with this perspective, it will sound like you are there playing the piano! The player’s perspective was recorded with a Crown SASS-P MKII.
2. Hammer Microphones: I’m a big fan of hammer microphones. With the hammers recorded you will get plenty of attack and a more aggressive sound.
3. & 4. Inside Microphones: This is the sound most people associate with piano recordings. We decided on two sets of inside piano microphones: vintage Neumann U87s (they say West Germany on them!) and the modern Rode NT2As. This gives the player the ability to get that classic piano sound or the modern wider-range sound or both!
5. Outside Microphones: Just outside the piano we used really expensive Neumann M149 modern tube microphones. The engineer called these the “Golden Sound” microphones. This microphone pair has a classy sound and a more balanced tone than the inside and hammer microphones.
6. & 7. Room Microphones: In an attempt to give you modern and classic choices, we used Coles ribbon microphones and AKG C414s on the rooms. The ribbons sound like… ribbons… smooth and velvety! Ribbons take EQ well; another reason to include them. The AKGs sound true to the piano’s tone in the room.
8. Under Piano Microphone: Underneath the middle of the piano we used a PZM (pressure zone) microphone to give a clear centre image to the sound.
Microphones: Room Microphones: Coles Ribbon, AKG 414 Hammer Mics: B&K Inside Mics: vintage NeumannU87, modern Rode NT2A Outside Piano: Neumann M149 Piano Bottom: PZM Player’s Perspective: Crown SASS-P MKII for near binaural experience when played!
Production Grand Library Size, Bit and Sample Rates: Depending on the bundle that you have purchased, the samples are divided into three different bit and sample rates: 1. Production Grand 2 Platinum 24 Bit 96 kHz Approx. 123 GB compressed or 246 GB uncompressed 2. Production Grand 2 Gold 24 Bit 44.1 kHz Approx. 58.5 GB compressed or 114.5 GB uncompressed 3. Production Grand 2 LE 16 Bit 44.1 kHz Approx. 26 GB compressed or 77 GB uncompressed
KONTAKT 5.5.0 + for tools v1.1.16 KONTAKT 5.6.8 + for tools v2.0
System Requirements: - Requires NI Kontakt 5.5 or greater (not included). - A computer that meets the minimum Kontakt requirements. - 8 GB RAM or more. - 80 GB of free hard drive space for minimum installation. - 210 GB of free hard drive space for full installation the Kontakt compressed files as delivered on hard drive. - Solid State Drive or Raid Drive recommended for more than 2 microphone perspectives at one time.
Note: Compatible with the full version of Kontakt only (not included). Not for use with Kontakt Player.
Note to International Customers: Production Grand 2 may be subject to duties and taxes determined upon package entry into your country. We have no control over how packages are held or charged. We claim the full purchase price value on all shipments.