NuSpaceAudio - Riviera [WiN.MAC] [x86 x64]
- Riviera is a hybrid algorithmic-convolution reverb plugin for modeling specular acoustic reflections in N-dimensional orthotopes. e.g. string, plate, room, tesseract, and up (vooms or volume+room for short).
Normally, direct computation in these spaces is expensive but some clever maths (see tutorial) reduced the asymptotic costs to the point of practical use (e.g. a Reverb plugin). Parameterizing these spaces and then combining them with some fast time-varying frequency decay resulted in some interesting sounding impulse responses (IRs). Features:
• Low-latency, low CPU usage convolution
• Multi-threading support for computing IRs in the background
• Fine-grain controls for parameterizing each voom’s number of dimensions, size, offset from sound-source origin, and material reflection dB loss.
• Time manipulation controls for delay, stretch, and linearity (RT60 ranges from 1 – 20 seconds!)
• Fast frequency-dependent time-decay functions
• Pan / stereo / mix (wet/dry) controls
• Graphical user interface for displaying IR and spectrogram Changes: Release notes:
-Upgraded Windows version to VS2017
-Fixed random crash where changing buffer size or sampling rate while thread is still computing with fast-mode on
-Fixed Mac AU verification (see above)
-Hotfix for mac VST2 build for passing Cubase 9’s Sentinel.
-Do IR update only when param changes values (no more redundant updates)
-Finetune medium room and hall presets
-Added 26 internal presets for VST2/AU (no VST3) on PC and Mac
-Changed offset param name to “depth”
-Skips update (do a fast update) if depth*roomsize results in same integer distance
-Color change to GUI